Tesla Model S for kids Troubleshooting Guide
- What features are included with the "Tesla Model S for Kids by Radio Flyer"?
The “Tesla Model S for Kids” includes working headlights, a working horn, a storage compartment under the front hood (the “frunk”), and a sound system for plugging in your music player
- How can I customize my “Tesla Model S for Kids by Radio Flyer”?
Select your car’s color, choose your rim color, upgrade to a longer range battery, add a car cover accessory, purchase spare batteries and add your own personalized license plate & parking sign.
- What is the age range for the Tesla Model S for Kids?
3-8 years old
- What is the weight capacity for riding the Tesla Model S for Kids?
- What kind of assembly is required for the car?
The seat, steering wheel, and wheel rims are customer assembled. A Phillips head screwdriver is the only tool needed for assembly.
- What is the benefit of a FlightSpeed™ Lithium Ion Battery?
FlightSpeed™ Lithium Ion Batteries provide the highest performance with:
- The fastest charge time, taking as little as 3 hours to charge, while traditional lead-acid batteries require charging overnight (12-14 hours).
- 3 times the play per day versus competitors! Due to the long run time and short charging time.
- Far longer life than traditional lead acid batteries, saving you money on replacement batteries.
- How will the battery be charged?
Charging is easy with 2 quick options: 1) Plug into the charging port, just like a real Tesla or 2) simply slide out your battery to charge separately.
- What’s the maximum speed and can the car be reversed?
Control max speed with 2 settings: up to 3 MPH or 6 MPH. There is a reverse setting on the car.
- How long does the battery last?
There are two batteries available: The standard battery (RF60) will provide approximately 6 miles of riding per charge The premium battery (RF90) will provide approximately 9 miles of riding per charge
- What is the total run time?
The standard battery (RF60) lasts between 1-2 hours of continuous running depending on speed selected The premium battery (RF90) lasts between 1.5-3 hours of continuous running depending on speed selected Note: The run times listed above are averages as they can vary by child’s weight, riding terrain and speed.
- How big is the car and how much does it weigh?
- Exterior (Overall) height/length/width: 21”/52”/28.5”
- Seat to pedal (range, from front and back of seat): 17-22”
- Frunk (Front Trunk): 15”x10”x8”
- Weight: 40.5lbs
- Package dimensions: 54.5”x18.5”x28”
- Package weight: 55lbs
- Wheel Dimensions: 9”x 4”W
- Distance from back of seat to the steering wheel: 17”
- What are the approved shipping destinations for the Tesla Model S for Kids?
The Tesla Model S for Kids has been tested and approved to ship to the following locations: Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K. and US. Click here to make your selection: https://tesla.radioflyer.com/
- What is the input voltage and frequency?
At this time, the Radio Flyer Tesla Model S for Kids’ charger is designed for US use only. The input voltage is 110V and the frequency is 60Hz.
- What does my Tesla Model S for Kids VIN mean?
To decode your VIN, click here
- Can I get my Tesla Model S for Kids serviced?
Check out our Service Centers here!
- Can I purchase accessories separately for my Tesla Model S for Kids?
Yes, accessories can be purchased separately here!
- How do I assemble the steering wheel?
We have a helpful video to assist you with proper installation of the steering wheel. Please click here!